Our small-firm, personal approach translates to efficient, responsive representation with a high level of client satisfaction. At the same time, our focused practice and our commitment to technology investment enables us to compete on an equal footing with the largest firms. Additionally, we serve as the Washington state representative to the Worklaw® Network, a nationwide consortium of law firms focused on management-side employment and labor law, which allows us to offer our regional clients access to legal resources and expertise in 27 states and Canada. Last, but not least, we are acutely conscious of our clients' need for cost-efficient legal services. To that end, we staff matters leanly, provide fee estimates and budgets, regularly communicate with clients regarding the cost of different strategies, and offer fixed and blended fee services, in addition to traditional hourly billing.
We strongly believe in the benefits of a joint counseling and litigation/trial practice. Not every legal matter involves a dispute, and not every legal dispute requires litigation. We provide advice and counsel to help employers develop policies and practices that promote positive labor relations and ensure regulatory compliance. When a dispute does arise that requires formal legal intervention, our lawyers have the skill and experience to effectively advocate on your behalf. We counsel employers on issues which we have experience litigating, and we litigate and try matters on which we regularly counsel clients. Our experience as both counselors and litigators enriches our firm’s ability to provide advice and representation with greater understanding of, and sensitivity to, the big picture. To a large degree, our legal advice and counsel have been forged through the heat of trial. We educate and counsel our clients not only on what their legal rights are, but also on whether, when and how they can most effectively exercise them.
- U.S. News - Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” tier 3 ranking in Labor Law – Management and a local Seattle tier 1 ranking in Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management, and Litigation – Labor & Employment.
- AV Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 Peer Review Rating
- Ranked by Chambers and Partners as a top labor & employment law firm in Washington
- Inclusion in the Washington Super Lawyers list
- Bittrex, Inc.
- BNSF Railway Company
- City of Redmond
- Coldwell Banker Bain
- Columbia Bank
- Commerce Technologies, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation
- Echodyne Corp.
- Expedia, Inc.
- Gifts By Design, Inc.
- Grant County PUD
- Grund & Co. Inc.
- H-E Parts International, LLC
- Housing Authority of Kennewick
- Housing Authority of Othello
- Housing Authority of Pasco & Franklin County
- Housing Authority of Thurston County
- Kennewick Irrigation District
- Les Schwab Tire Centers
- Microsoft Corporation
- MultiCare Health System
- Pacific Lumber Inspection Bureau
- PCC Farmland Trust
- Pro Sports Club
- RH2 Engineering, Inc.
- Schnitzer West, LLC
- Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.
- Sound Transit
- Storm X, Inc.
- Taylor Shellfish Compnay, Inc.
- The Henry Gallery Association, Inc.
- The Northwest School of the Arts
- The Pool Company
- Wind River Holdings, LP
- Woodmark Hotel, Yacht Club & Spa
About Our Clients
Firm Practice Areas
- Employment Law - Management
- Labor Law - Management
- Litigation - Labor and Employment