“The complexity of tax law requires understanding and interpreting how tax rules apply to various situations. It’s essential to know the forest for a big-picture look at the situation, but seeing the trees is equally important, to detect related or underlying issues critical to an effective resolution.”
As a tax lawyer with more than 30 years of experience, I bring abstract thinking and critical analysis to uniquely solve problems. Keenly understanding the intricacies of tax law, I advise clients on what is possible and develop a game plan to tackle their issues.
I represent individuals, businesses, and nonprofit organizations on all major areas of tax. I am proactive to help you avoid problems and costly mistakes, or mitigate damages when you are involved in a conflict. My expertise includes:
- advising about tax structure and identifying tax risks when starting, buying, selling, merging, or acquiring a business;
- helping with contracts and matters related to domestic and foreign tax planning;
- reviewing your case or representing you during and after an IRS audit;
- working with executives on compensation planning and compliance; and
- counseling on estate-planning strategies and tax obligations associated with wealth transfer.
My experience includes tax litigation in federal and state courts and administrative appeals before the Internal Revenue Service and state tax authorities.
Having worked for the Internal Revenue Service, I bring the unique experience and comprehension of the inner workings of tax examinations and assessments from a services perspective. Clients say they can rely on me to answer seemingly unanswerable tax questions. I am always ready for the challenge of complex and technical tax issues.
See my full bio here.